Jeremy Cowart is an inspiration to me as an artist. This 40-minute video (posted May 2012) by Framed tells us a number of things about this photographer:
- How he evolved from a graphic designer to a photographer (and therefore how his design informs his photography)
- What his wife thinks of him in regards to being a father to their son and daughter
- How his wife is involved in his work (a.k.a. she’s the producer)
- His process of photographing (demonstrated by a photo shoot he does throughout the video)
I don’t even remember when or how I first discovered this man! But before I knew it, I was looking through a collection of celebrity photographs that he had taken. I became more and more drawn to this artist to the point that I now follow him on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. I respect Cowart for a number of reasons:
- He is a life-long learner.
- He experiments with the integration of graphic design and texture in his photographic work.
- He has a commitment to humanitarian endeavors (i.e. Help-Portrait).
- He is committed to family.